Andreossy sentence example
- He was of Italian extraction, and his ancestor Francois Andreossy (1633-1688) had been concerned with Riquet in the construction of the Languedoc Canal in 1669.
- Andreossy took part in the coup d'etat of the 18th of Brumaire, and on the 6th of January 1800 was made general of division.
- It had been shown (Coquille, Napoleon and England, 1904) that Andreossy repeatedly warned Napoleon that the British government desired to maintain peace but must be treated with consideration.
- When Napoleon became emperor he made Andreossy inspector-general of artillery and a count of the empire.
- In the war of 1805 Andreossy was employed on the headquarters staff of Napoleon.Advertisement
- In the war of 1809, Andreossy was military governor of Vienna during the French occupation.
- Andreossy now retired into private life, till the escape of his former master from Elba once again called him forth.
- Andreossy died at Montauban in 1828.
- Andreossy, Constantinople et le Bosphore; Tchikatchev, Le Bosphore et Constantinople (2nd ed., Paris, 1865); Forchheimer and Strzygowski, Die byzantinischen Wasserbehalter; also article Aqueduct.