Amphineura sentence example
- Amphineura (see Chiton).
- A similar modification of the velum occurs in Dentalium and in Myzomenia among the Amphineura.
- The Chitonidae and the Aplacophora are now separated from the Gastropoda and raised to the rank of a distinct class, under the name of Amphineura.
- Among the Amphineura we find one pair of coelomic ducts in the Aplacophora, two pairs in the Chitons.
- This is the condition of the nervous system found in Chiton and the other Amphineura, but may not be in all respects the ancestral condition.Advertisement
- Hermaphroditism is secondary, and occurs in one sub-class of Gastropoda, in some Lamellibranchs, and in one sub-order of Amphineura.
- True viviparity, that is the development of the ova within the oviduct, is very rare, occurring only in one case among the Amphineura and in some aquatic and pulmonate Gastropoda.
- Paul Pelseneer (1906) raised the group to the rank of a class of Mollusca, under von Jhering's name Amphineura.
- The most important theoretical question concerning the Amphineura is how far do they represent the original condition of the ancestral mollusc?