Ammar sentence example
- El Motamid went, however, considerably further in patronage of literature than his father, for he chose as his favourite and prime minister the poet Ibn Ammar.
- In the end the vanity and featherheadedness of Ibn Ammar drove his master to kill him.
- A story of Mahommedan origin, which is probably no more historical than the oath of Santa Gadea, tells of how he allowed himself to be tricked by Ibn Ammar, the favourite of Al Motamid, the king of Seville.
- They played chess for an extremely beautiful table and set of men, belonging to Ibn Ammar.
- If Ibn Ammar gained he was to name the stake.Advertisement