Amenophis iii sentence example
- There may have been an earlier temple here, but the present structure, dedicated to the Theban triad of Ammon, Mut and Khons, was erected by Amenophis III.
- Mariette's excavation of the Serapeum at Memphis revealed the tombs of over sixty animals, ranging from the time of Amenophis III.
- After this Thebes experienced a serious set-back with the heresy of Akhenaton, the son of Amenophis III.
- It is found as representing Ammon from the time of Amenophis III.
- Men of genius were not wanting in the long history of Egypt; two doctors, Imhotp (Imuthes), the architect of Zoser, in the, Ilird Dynasty, and Amenophis (Amenhotp), son of Hap, the wise scribe under Amenophis III.Advertisement
- The most brilliant age of glazes was under Amenophis III.
- But meanwhile the political needs of the empire were neglected; the dangers which threatened it at the end of the reign of Amenophis III.
- Of fundamental importance are the Amarna cuneiform tablets discovered in 1887, containing some of the political correspondence between Western Asia and Egypt for a few years of the reigns of Amenophis III.