Amenemhe sentence example
- The name Amenemhe, so common in the XIIth Dynasty, shows the importance of the Theban god at this time.
- This view held the field until 1893, when Golenischeff produced an inferior example bearing its original name, which showed that in this case it represented Amenemhe III.
- The celebrated Rhind mathematical papyrus was coried in the reign of an Apopi from an original of the time of Amenemhe III.
- Amenemhe, the name of the founder of the XIIth dynasty, was compounded with that of Amun and was borne by three of his successors.
- It was the work of Amenemhe III., of the 12th dynasty, who lived about 2300 B.C. It was first located by the Egyptologist Lepsius to the north of Hawara in the Fayum, and (in 1888) Flinders Petrie discovered its foundation, the extent of which is about l000 ft.Advertisement