Ambroise sentence example
- New poems in abundance dealt with the history of the Crusades, either in a faithful narrative, like that of the Chanson of Ambroise, which narrates the Third Crusade, or in a free and poetical spirit, such as breathes in the Chanson d'Antioche.
- This is an octosyllabic poem in French verse, written by Ambroise, a Norman trouvere who followed Richard I.
- His Son, Victor Ambroise, Vicomte De Lanjuinais (1802-1869), was also a politician, becoming a deputy in 1838.
- In spite of the attentions of Ambroise Pare he died on the 10th of July.
- France was helpless, the tumult of Ambroise alarmed the Guises for their own lives and power, and the regent, long in bad health, was dying in Edinburgh castle.Advertisement
- It was the irrepressible upward tendency that caused the French government in 1859, acting with the advice of Halevy, Meyerbeer, Auber, Ambroise Thomas and Rossini, to establish by law the Diapason Normal.