Alpinum sentence example
- P. alpinum, 6 in., white with yellow centre; P. nudicaule, i ft., yellow, scented, and P. pilosum, i to 2 ft., deep orange, are ornamental smaller kinds.
- Scarcer plants that occasionally occur throughout include Alpine saw-wort Saussurea alpina, alpine meadow rue Thalictrum alpinum.
- Other species are alpinum, macranthum, Musschianum, purpureum, rubrum, niveum, and violaceum, all loving half-shady spots in peat, or in moist, sandy soil.
- M. alpinum is a smaller plant, and the worst weed ever got into the garden.
- One or two are best suited for the rock garden; of these, E. alpinum grandiflorum is the finest.Advertisement
- T. alpinum is a stout spreading kind, 3 to 6 inches high, bearing large, but not brilliant, flowers in summer, the upper petal flesh-colored and streaked with purple.