Alpini sentence example
- In addition there are 22 Alpini battalions and 15 mountain batteries stationed on the Alpine frontiers.
- The retreat was covered by the Vicenza battalion of Alpini, who fought a gallant rear-guard action, and a strong counter-attack by the group of Alpini from Marostica checked the Austrian pursuit.
- There were gaps both to the right and left of the 35th, though the Alpini were holding north of the Posina and the 27th Div.
- Bertotti had four brigades under his command, including the remains of the Roma, and the 6th Group of Alpini, and he changed his troops continuously.
- A gallant detachment (Alpini and details of the Etna brigade), finding retreat impossible, held out for days on Monte Nero till the battle had gone far to the W., and all their food and ammunition were gone.Advertisement
- Next day Conrad's eastern columns pushed down quickly towards Foza, but were held by a rearguard of Bersaglieri and Alpini who fought off the attack until a new line was established farther S., covering Valstagna and the mouth of the Frenzela valley.