Alloa sentence example
- In the middle of the market-place stands the old town hall, with red tower and cupola, known from its situation as the Mid Steeple, built by Tobias Bachup of Alloa (1708).
- The Caledonian railway enters the town from the south-west by a bridge across the river, and also owns a ferry to South Alloa, on the opposite shore, in Stirlingshire.
- Between Alloa and Stirling the stream forms the famous "links," the course being so sinuous that whereas by road the two towns are but 62 m.
- There are also numerous breweries, and Alloa ale has always been famous.
- Alloa Park, the seat of the earl of Mar and Kellie, is in the immediate vicinity, and in its grounds stand the ruins of Alloa Tower, an ancient structure 89 ft.Advertisement
- In summer, steamers ply between Leith and Aberdour and other pleasure resorts; and there is also a service to Alloa and Stirling.
- In summer there are frequent excursions to the Bass Rock and the Isle of May, North Berwick, Elie, Aberdour, Alloa and Stirling.
- At large rouNdabout follow signs to Alloa Tower 2 nd exit (1 st exit from Clackmannan ).
- At roundabout take 3 rd exit toward town center passing former Alloa Brewery on the right.