Alfreton sentence example
- There are smelting furnaces in several districts, as at Alfreton, Chesterfield, Derby, Ilkeston.
- The other urban districts are Alfreton (17,505), Alvaston and Boulton(i 279), Ashbourne (4039), Bakewell(2850), Baslow and Bubnell (797), Belper (10,934), Bolsover (6844) Bonsall (1360), Brampton and Walton (2698), Buxton (10,181), Clay Cross(8358), Dronfield(3809), Fairfield(2969), Heage(2889), Heanor (16,249), Long Eaton (13,045), Matlock (5979), Matlock Bath and Scarthin Nick (1819), Newbold and Dunston (5986), New Mills (7773), North Darley (2756), Ripley (io,III), South Darley (788), Swadlincote (18,014), Whittington (9416), Wirksworth (3807).
- Iron has also been produced in Derbyshire from an early date, and coal mines were worked at Norton and Alfreton in the beginning of the 14th century.
- The first commercial exploitation of importance appears to have been the distillation of the oil at Alfreton in Derbyshire by James Young.
- To the northeast of Alfreton are South Normanton (pop. 5170), Blackwell (4144) and Tibshelf (3432); to the north Shirland (3929), to the south Ironville and other busy industrial villages.Advertisement
- The foundation of Alfreton is traditionally ascribed to King Alfred.
- In 1847 Lyon Playfair informed him of a spring of petroleum which had made its appearance at Ridding's Colliery at Alfreton in Derbyshire, and in the following year he began to utilize it for making both burning and lubricating oils.
- Nicholas Courtney signing autograph 's at a show in Alfreton Derbyshire in late 2001.
- At 9.46 one of the stolen lorries collided with a car on Beech Avenue, Alfreton.
- The first commercial exploitation of importance appears to have been the distillation of the oil at Alfreton in Derbyshire by James Young,.Advertisement