Alecsandri sentence example
- Like *erbanescu, Vasile Alecsandri (1821-1890), the greatest of Rumanian lyrical poets (see Alecsandri),.
- Alecsandri is less successful in his dramas, most of which are adaptations from French originals; the only merit of his novels is that amidst the phonetic and philological turmoil he kept to the purer language of the people.
- From Alecsandri there is a natural transition to his great rival, who was also his superior in depth of thought and in mastery of form and language, the great poet of pessimism, Mihail E Eminescu (q.v.).
- What Alecsandri was for verse, Odobescu was for prose.
- Alecsandri (1887), which besides their historical value have become a model of Rumanian prose.Advertisement
- Alecsandri (1852-1866), who, however, retained only their poetical beauty and did not reproduce them with that strict accuracy which modern study of folklore demands.