Aldborough sentence example
- Aldborough formerly returned two members to parliament, but was disfranchised by the Reform Act of 1832.
- It is in the parish of Aldborough, the village of that name (q.v.), celebrated for its Roman remains, lying a mile south-east.
- When the site of the Great North Road was altered, towards the end of the 11th century, a bridge was built across the Ure, about half a mile above the Roman bridge at Aldborough, and called Burgh bridge or Ponteburgem.
- In 1229 Boroughbridge, as part of the manor of Aldborough, was granted to Hubert de Burgh, but was forfeited a few years later by his son who fought against the king at Evesham.
- Pitt continued at his post; and at the general election which took place during the year he even accepted a nomination for the duke's pocket borough of Aldborough.Advertisement
- Mr Nelsons garden at Aldborough, in Norfolk, flowering at the end of May or beginning of June.