Alcimus sentence example
- Jakim, whose name outside religion was Alcimus, waited upon the new king on behalf of the loyal Jews who had hellenized.
- In face of his active opposition Alcimus could not maintain himself without the support of Bacchides and was forced to retire to Antioch.
- But on the death of Alcimus Bacchides retired and Jonathan with his followers settled down beyond the range of the Syrian garrisons.
- Sievers has shown that considerable use was made of the two Latin poems by Alcimus Avitus, De initio mundi and De peccato originali.
- They had learned to read God's will in the events of history, and deduced (for example) the doctrine of the resurrection of the dead from the death of the martyrs under Antiochus Epiphanes and Alcimus.Advertisement
- But he dealt more Alcimus.
- But Alcimus complained to the king and Judas fled just in time to escape being sent to Antioch as a prisoner.
- According to 2 Macc. xiv., Alcimus identified them with the whole party of the rebels, of which they were only one, though the most important, section.