Aird sentence example
- Aird in the same marvelous dream had used the words, " The silent magnanimity of Nature and her God.
- Its chief interest is the beautiful remains of the Priory of St John, founded in 1230 by John Bisset of the Aird, for Cistercian monks.
- Bowden, to the south of the hills, was the birthplace of the poets Thomas Aird (1802-1876) and James Thomson, and its parish church contains the burial-place of the dukes of Roxburghe.
- The contractors were Messrs John Aird & Co., the contract price being £2,000,000.
- At Kinuachdrach there is a ferry to Aird in Lorne, in Argyllshire, and at Faolin there is a ferry to Port Askaig in Islay.Advertisement