Aiphonso sentence example
- Sancho having been slain in 1072, while engaged in the siege of Zamora, Aiphonso returned from exile and occupied the vacant throne.
- After the restoration of the Bourbons in 1875, the first cabinet of Aiphonso XII.s reign stopped the operation of the tariff law of the Revelution and reverted to protection.
- Payments of interest were only in part resumed after the Restoration in 1876, and in 1882 the government of King Aiphonso XII.
- Pelayo (7 18 737), his brother Favila (737739)of whom we only know that he is said to have been killed by a bear while huntingand Aiphonso I., the Catholic (7397 57), stand as little more than names.
- The reign, of Alphonso VI., which lasted till 1109, is one of the fullest in the Aiphonso annals of Spain.Advertisement
- Aiphonso But he carried the war forward elsewhere.
- Aiphonso VII., the son of Urraca, was, during the twenty years between his mothers death and his own in 1157, the dominating sovereign of Spain.
- In 1135 he was Aiphonso crowned at Leon, in the presence of the new king vii., of Navarre, of the counts of Barcelona and Toulouse, Emperor and of other princes, Christian and Mahommedan, in Spain.
- Aiphonso had conquered Cuenca, in the hill country between Castile and Valencia, in 1177, with the help of the king of Aragon, also an Alphonso, the son of Petronilla and of Ramon Berenguer of Barcelona.
- Aiphonso, after first accepting Sanchos claim, repudiated it, and made a will by which he not only left the crown of Castile to the eldest son of Fernando de la Cerda, but cut vassal kingdoms out of the southern parts of Spain for Sanchos younger brothers.Advertisement
- The Restored Monarchy, 1874-1900.The first act of Aiphonso was a royal decree confirming the appointment of Canovas del Castillo as prime minister.
- Then all the forces of King Aiphonso under Marshal Quesada gradually closed round the remaindel of the Carlist army in Navarre and in the Basque Provinces at the beginning of 1876.
- From the beginning of tin Restoration the great statesman, who was nicknamed at th time the Richelieu of Aiphonso XII.s reign, established a system of government which lasted for a quarter of a century.
- Nevertheless, in Aiphonso Madrid, Canovas would not allow the press to say Xii.
- On the 17th of May 1886, six months after the death of Alphonso XII., his posthumous son, Aiphonso XIII., was born at the palace of Madrid.Advertisement
- On the 14th of December Maura resigned an impossible task and King Aiphonso made General Azcarraga head of a narrowly ClericalConservative cabinet.
- Aiphonso VI..1065-1109Returned from exile, obtained all the three kingdoms, and im prisoned Garcia for life.