Aip sentence example
- A second work of Hippolytus (Kara 7raawv aip VEcov €Xeyxos) is preserved in the so-called Philosophumena which survives under the name of Origen.
- Theodoret gives a valuable exposition of his own dogmatic in the fifth book of his Aip€ru s KaKoµueias eircro ii j, already referred to.'
- Acute intermittent porphyria (AIP) is also known as Swedish porphyria, pyrroloporphyria, and intermittent acute porphyria.
- Approximately five to 10 per 100,000 children in the United States carry a gene for AIP, but only 10 percent of these people, mostly teenage or older, ever develop symptoms of the disease.
- Symptoms of AIP usually do not occur unless a person with the deficiency encounters a trigger substance.Advertisement
- The greatest difference between HCP and AIP is that people with HCP may have some skin sensitivity to sunlight.
- For example, a screening test for acute intermittent porphyria (AIP) is the Watson-Schwartz test.
- Further testing is necessary to determine whether the precursor present is porphobilinogen or urobilinogen-only porphobilinogen is indicative of AIP.
- The porphobilinogen mixes more readily in water than chloroform, so if the water layer is pink (from the dye added to the urine sample), that indicates the presence of porphobilinogen, and a diagnosis of AIP is probable.
- Certain enzymes, such as porphobilinogen deaminase (the defective enzyme in AIP), can be easily extracted from red blood cells; other enzymes, however, are less readily collected or tested.Advertisement
- An experimental animal model of AIP has been developed and research is in progress.
- The American Institute of Philanthropy (AIP) and Charity Navigator rank charities based on efficiency.
- The AIP rates charities with letter grades, giving efficient ones at least an "A".