Aidin sentence example
- Though Yahsha Bey, grandson of Mahommed Karaman Oghlu, had declared himself the successor of the Seljukian sultans, the princes of Aidin, Sarukhan, Menteshe, Kermian, Hamid, Tekke and Karassi declined to recognize his authority, and considered themselves independent, each in his own dominions.
- The principalities of Aidin, Menteshe, Sarukhan and Kermian were annexed to Bayezid's dominions to punish their rulers for having joined with the 'Karamanian prince in rebellion.
- Prodigies of valour on the part of Bayezid's troops could not make up for the defection of the newly-absorbed levies from Aidin, Sarukhan and Menteshe who went over to their former princes in Timur's camp. The rout of the Turkish army was complete.
- Asian excavation; but small Hittite objects have been sold in Smyrna and Aidin.
- The new Aidin railway extends from Dineir to Izbarta via Buldur.Advertisement
- It is connected with Smyrna by a branch of the Aidin railway, and has a trade in cotton, figs, raisins and tobacco.
- It was taken by the Seljuks, Aidin and Mentesh, late in the 13th century, and about 1390, when ruled by Isa Bey, a descendant of the first-named, acknowledged Ottoman suzerainty.
- Aidin is on the SmyrnaDineir railway, has large tanneries and sweetmeat manufactories, and exports figs, cotton and raisins.
- Aidin is the seat of a British consular agent.
- Almost the whole of Byzantine Phrygia is now included in the vilayet of Brusa, with the exception of a small part of Parorius and the district about Themisonium (Karayuk Bazar) and Ceretapa (Kayadibi), which belong to the vilayet of Konia, and the district of Laodicea and Hierapolis, which belongs to Aidin.Advertisement
- The Chepmi and Takhtaji, who live chiefly in the Aidin vilayet, appear to be derived from one of the early races.
- There is a fair inn managed by the Aidin Railway Company.
- But Ibn Batuta found it still in great part a ruin when the famous chieftain Aidin had conquered it about 1330 and made his son Amur governor.
- It became the port of the Aidin amirate.
- The Mongol conquest was only temporary, but Smyrna was resumed by the Seljuks of Aidin and has remained till the present day in Mahommedan hands.Advertisement
- A fine new Konak (government offices) has been built, and another important new structure is the pier of the Aidin Railway Co.