Aesernia sentence example
- This road was continued south (we do not know by whom or when) to Aesernia.
- over the mountains to Venafrum, thus giving a direct communication with the interior of Samnium by roads to Aesernia and Telesia.
- In the Roman period we find Aufidena figuring as a post station on the road between Sulmo and Aesernia, which, however, runs past Castel di Sangro, crossing the river by an ancient bridge some 5 m.
- Roads also ran from Venafrum to Aesernia and to Telesia by way of Allifae.
- AESERNIA (mod.Advertisement
- Aesernia >>
- 1 These were (I) the prolongation of the Via Appia from Capua, (2) its continuation to Tarentum and Brundisium, of which there were two different lines between Beneventum and Aquilonia at different dates (see Appia, Via), (3) the Via Traiana to Brundisium by Herdoniae, (4) the road to Telesia and Aesernia, (5) the road to Aesernia by Bovianum, (6) the road to Abellinum and Salernum.