Aesculus sentence example
- Amongst broadleaved trees Juglans has a similar Holarctic range, descending to the West Indies; so has Aesculus, were it not lacking in Europe; it becomes tropical in South America and Malaya.
- China has 66 species of Quercus, 35 of Vitis, 2 of Aesculus, 42 of Acer, 33 Magnoliaceae (including two species of Liriodendron), 12 Anonaceae, 71 Ternstroemiaceae (including the tea-plant), and 4 of Clethra, which has a solitary western representative in Madeira.
- Ohio is known as the "Buckeye State" on account of the prevalence of the buckeye (Aesculus glabra).
- - Palmately compound leaf of the Horse-chestnut (Aesculus Hippocastanum).
- (r) The common horse-chestnut, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Ger.Advertisement
- 92), or the one may be erect and the other inverted, as in some species of Spiraea and Aesculus; or they may be placed one above another, each directed similarly, as is the case in ovaries containing a moderate or definite number of ovules.
- Another commonly planted tree is Aesculus x carnea, red horse chestnut, and as the name implies has red flowers rather than white.
- Buckeye (Aesculus) - Mostly medium-sized trees, hardy and excellent for park or garden.