Aeizanes sentence example
- (5) Ethiopic inscription of Aeizanes (so Littmann), son of Ela Amida, discovered by Eduard Riippell in 1833.
- The fourth is pagan, the fifth Christian, Aeizanes having in the interval embraced Christianity.
- Aeizanes and his successors style themselves kings of the Axumites, Homerites (Himyar), Raidan, the Ethiopians (Habasat), the Sabaeans, Silee, Tiamo, the Bugaites (Bega) and Kasu.
- And the Ethiopians were not without successes, for on the Greek inscription of Axum (c. the middle of the 4th century) King Aeizanes calls himself " king of the Axumites, the Homerites, and Raidan, and of the Ethiopians, Sabaeans, and Silee."
- (4) Trilingual inscription of Aeizanes, the Greek version discovered by Henry Salt in 1805, the Sabaean by Bent, and the Ethiopic (Geez) by Littmann.Advertisement