Aegilops sentence example
- - Cupule of Quercus Aegilops.
- biosynthesis genes provides evidence for recurrent origin of wheat and its relative Aegilops cylindrica.
- Aegilops, a fine species indigenous to Greece and the coasts of the Levant, and sometimes called the "Oak of Bashan."
- Some of the species of the genus Aegilops (now generally referred to Triticum by Bentham and Hooker and by Haeckel) Origin and may possibly have been the sources of our cultivated Y P Y forms, as they cross freely with wheats.
- 19 other, the presumption is that they, like the species of Aegilops, which also intercross with wheat, may have all originated from one common stock.Advertisement