Adts sentence example
- Auditory discrimination tests (ADTs) are one type of auditory analysis tests, which are used to measure how well a child understands speech and the spoken word.
- ADTs are designed to measure a child's phonological awareness-the ability to focus on and manipulate phonemes within spoken words.
- ADTs measure a child's ability to detect subtle similarities and differences between speech sounds.
- Two of the most commonly used ADTs are Wepman's Auditory Discrimination Test (WADT) and the Goldman-Fristoe-Woodcock Test of Auditory Discrimination.
- Some specialists believe that ADTs should be a component of all reading programs and that poor auditory discrimination can be a major factor in children's failure to reach reading targets.Advertisement
- ADTs can give confusing or false negative results.
- Thus some children may be falsely labeled with a learning disability because of their results on ADTs.
- ADTs are standardized by testing large numbers of children to determine the normal range of scores for children of a given age.
- ADTs are short, simple tests that do not require preparation on the part of the child.