Adriaan sentence example
- An evidence of the good use he made of his means, as well as of the kindliness of his character, is furnished by the fact that he entertained as a guest for a whole month a scientific adversary, Adriaan van Roomen, and then paid the expenses of his journey home.
- A second took place when Vieta pointed to Apollonius's problem of taction as not yet being mastered, and Adriaan van Roomen gave a solution by the hyperbola.
- Other schools of the same class are the Gerard Adriaan van Swieten schools of agriculture, gardening and forestry in Drente, the school of instruction in butter and cheese making (zuivelbereiding) at Bolsward and the state veterinary college at Utrecht.
- In later times forest culture was added, and the Gerard Adriaan van Swieten schools of forestry, agriculture and horticulture were established by Major van Sweiten in memory of his son.
- In that year Adriaan van Roomen gave out as a problem to all mathematicians an equation of the 45 th degree, which, being recognized by Vieta as depending on the equation between sin 4 and sin 43/45, was resolved by him at once, all the twenty-three positive roots of which the said equation was capable being given at the same time (see Trigonometry).Advertisement
- Passing over Adriaan van Roomen (Adrianus Romanus) of Louvain, who published the value of the ratio correct to 15 places in his Idea mathematica (1593),3 we come to the notable computer Ludolph van Ceulen (d.