Adrar sentence example
- Adrar Suttuf is a hilly region forming the southern part of the Spanish protectorate of the Rio de Oro.
- Adrar or Adrar el Jebli, otherwise Adghagh, is a plateau north-east of Timbuktu.
- Adrar n'Ahnet and Adrar Adhafar are smaller regions in the Ahnet country south of Insalah.
- Adrar Temur, the country usually referred to when Adrar is spoken of, is in the western Sahara, 300 m.
- Adrar is within the French sphere of influence.Advertisement
- Adrar occupies the most elevated part of a plateau which ends westwards in a steep escarpment and falls to the east in a succession of steps.
- Adrar or Adgar is also the name sometimes given to the chief settlement in the oasis of Tuat in the Algerian Sahara.
- (Blanchet died in Senegal on the 6th of October 1900, a few days after his return from Adrar.) Atar is inhabited by Arab and Berber tribes, and is described as a wretched spot.