Adra sentence example
- Adra is the port of shipment for the lead obtained near Berja, 10 m.
- of Adra by road.
- These, with the paper, linen and cotton goods manufactured locally in small quantities, are exported from Adra.
- Adra >>
- Of the other churches in Kasresh-Shama the most noteworthy is that of El Adra (the Virgin), also called El 1Vloallaka, or The Suspended, being built in one of the towers of the Roman gateway.Advertisement
- It was situated on a hill above the modern Adra.
- Three small rivers, the Adra, or Rio Grande de Adra, in the west, the Almeria in the centre, and the Almanzora in the north and east, flow down from the mountains to the sea.
- The principal seaports are Almeria, the capital,pop.(1900)47,326, Adra (11,188), and Garrucha (4661), which, with Berja (13,224), Cuevas de Vera (20,562), Huercal-Overa (15,763) and Nijar (12,4 9 7), are described in separate articles.
- ADRA (anc. Abdera), a seaport of southern Spain, in the province of Almeria; at the mouth of the Rio Grande de Adra, and on the Mediterranean Sea.
- The products of the interior were conveyed by the native Iberians to the maritime colonies, such as Abdera (Adra), Calpe (Gibraltar) or Malaca (Malaga), founded by the foreign merchants.Advertisement