Adjutantgeneral sentence example
- During the war all but twelve small townships raised troops in excess of every call, the excess throughout the state amounting in all to more than 15,000 men; while the total recruits to the Federal army (including re-enlistments) numbered, according to the adjutantgeneral of the state, 159,165 men, of which less than 7000 were raised by draft.
- He, however, still appoints, subject to the confirmation of the senate, the secretary of state, the superintendent of public education, the commissioner of the land office, the adjutantgeneral, justices of the peace, notaries public, the members of numerous administrative boards, and other administrative officers..
- The king is the supreme chief of the army, and matters requiring adjudication in the adjutantgeneral's court are referred to a special Bavarian court attached to the supreme imperial military tribunal in Berlin.
- In1830-1833he was adjutantgeneral of New York.
- He served on the frontier against the Indians, notably in the capture of Chief Joseph in October 1877, became lieutenant-colonel and assistant adjutantgeneral of volunteers in 1898, and served in Cuba in 1898-99.Advertisement
- After the event, Catherine raised him to the rank of count and made him adjutantgeneral, director-general of engineers and general-in-chief.
- He became AdjutantGeneral of Virginia after the peace of 1763, and took part in the movements which forced Lord Dunmore to leave Norfolk.
- These departments (see Staff) are: the general staff; the adjutantgeneral's department; the quartermaster-general's department; the department of the master-general of the ordnance; the civil member's department; and the finance member's department.