Adigrat sentence example
- Occupyinf Adigrat and Makall, he reached Adowa on the 1st of April, an~ thence pushed forward to Axum, the holy city of Abyssinia.
- Arimondi, collecting the survivors of the Toselli column, retreated to Makall and Adigrat.
- The negotiations having failed, he marched to relieve the beleaguered garrison of Adigrat; but Menelek, discouraged by the heavy losses at Adowa, broke up his camp and returned southwards Abyssinto Shoa.
- Returning from Kassala Colon.el Stevani rejoined Baldissera, who on the 4th of May relieved Adigrat after a well-executed march.
- In the region of Adigrat the metamorphic rocks are invariably overlain by white and brown sandstones, unfossiliferous, and attaining a maximum thickness of moo feet.Advertisement
- They are overlain by the fossiliferous limestones of the Antalo group. Around Chelga and Adigrat coal-bearing beds occur, which Blanford suggests may be of the same age as the coalbearing strata of India.
- The Adigrat Sandstone possibly represents some portion of the Karroo formation of South Africa.
- West of Adigrat is the monastery of Debra-Domo, one of the most celebrated sanctuaries in Abyssinia.