Adi sentence example
- Shams al-Ma t adi Qabus, the generous ruler of Dailam, himself a poet and a scholar, with whom he had expected to find an asylum, was about that date (1012) starved to death by his own revolted soldiery.
- capitulated on the 2 21ld, adi I Civitella del Tronto, the last stronghold of Bourbonism, haf the 21st of March.
- Jaidev is better known as the author of the Gitagobind, which was translated by Sir Edwin Arnold, than as a religious reformer; but in the Adi Granth are found two hymns of his in the Prakrit language of the time, in which he represents God as distinct from nature, yet everywhere present.
- Their sacred book is called Al-Yalvah, and its chief exponent was Shaikh Adi (c. 1200).
- In conjunction with Raja Rammohan Roy he initiated the movement of religious reform which took shape as the Adi Brahmo Somaj.Advertisement
- Shortly after, Adi b.
- Meanwhile `Adi b.
- But `Adi was too scrupulous to employ the public money for raising the pay of his soldiers, whilst Yazid promised mountains of gold.
- Yazid stormed the castle and took `Adi prisoner, the public treasury fell into his hands, and he employed the money to pay his troops largely and to raise fresh ones.
- `Adi 1 about the last discourse which father and son had together, we gather that the former had misgivings in regard to the fulfilment of his wishes.Advertisement
- " the Good Mind " of Ahura Mazda; or the Bodhisattva Avalokitegvara, who vowed not to enter into final peace till every creature had received the saving truth; sometimes supreme, like Brahma, or Prajapati (" lord of creatures ") in the early Brahmanic theology; or Adi Buddha, or the Zervan Akarana, " boundless time," of a kind of Persian gnosticism; or the Oths whose worship appears among other syncretistic cults of the Roman empire.
- The highest summit in the province is the Monte Adi (4931 ft.).
- ADI Area - How to get a better driving instructors Check Test grade.
- All our trainers hold high ADI grades and are fully qualified fleet trainers.
- In 2002 ADI Limited was awarded a contract to build six watercraft and provide logistics training and in-service support.Advertisement
- A schism resulted, Keshub Chunder Sen and his followers founding the Progressive Samaj, while the conservative stock remained as the Adi (i.e.
- 838), the historian of the family Muhallab, whose work was one of Mubarrad's sources for the History of the Kharijites; Haitham ibn `Adi (d.
- However, the Negroid tribes are more and more adopting the customs and mode of life of the Hova, among whom are found pile-houses, the sarong, f adi or tabu applied to food, a non-African form of bellows, &c., all characteristic of their original home.