Adelheid sentence example
- His predecessor in the kingdom, Lothar, had left a young and beautiful widow, Adelheid.
- The king of Germany descended into Italy, and took Adelheid in marriage.
- Having been left a widower on the 3rd of June 1877, he married on the 7th of January 1879 Adelheid Emma Wilhelmina Theresia, second daughter of Prince George Victor of Waldeck-Pyrmont, born on the 2nd of August 1858, and Wilhelmina was the only issue of that union.
- Adelheid) (931-999), queen of Italy and empress, was the daughter of Rudolph II.
- Bentzinger, Das Leben der Kaiserin Adelheid.Advertisement
- P. Wimmer, Kaiserin Adelheid, Gemahlin Ottos I.
- Still less historical justification is to be found for the vacillating Weisslingen in whom Goethe executed poetic justice on himself as the lover of Friederike, or in the women of the play, the gentle Maria, the heartless Adelheid.
- and Adelheid (Adelaide), which exercised so important an influence on the relations of the empire and Italy; but, when the succession to the crown of Italy came to be disputed between the emperor Henry II.
- His father, Dimitri Alexeievich Gallitzin (1735-1803), Russian ambassador to Holland, was an intimate friend of Voltaire and a follower of Diderot; so, too, for many years was his mother, Countess Adelheid Amalie von Schmettau (1748-1806), until a severe illness in 1786 led her back to the Roman Catholic church, in which she had been reared.
- 999), Adelheid (Adelaide), abbess of Essen (d.Advertisement