Addua sentence example
- The tenth region included Venetia from the Padus and Adriatic to the Alps, to which was annexed the neighboring peninsula of Istria, and to the west the territory of the Cenomani, a Gaulish tribe, extending from the Athesis to the Addua, which had previously been regarded as a part of Gallia Cisalpina.
- The eleventh region, known as Gallia Transpadana, included all the rest of Cisalpine Gau1 from the Padus on the south and the Addua on the east to the foot of the Alps.
- Reinforced by the Cenomani, he gained a decisive victory on the banks of the Addua.
- ADDA (anc. Addua), a river of North Italy.
- The limits of their territory are not clearly defined, but were probably the Athesis (Adige or Etsch) on the east, the 0111us (Oglio, or perhaps the Addua) on the west, and the Padus on the south.Advertisement