Addicks sentence example
- Mr Addicks was an avowed candidate in 1895, but the opposition of the Regular Republicans, who accused him of corruption and who held the balance of power, prevented an election.
- The expiration of Senator Gray's term in 1899 left a vacancy, but although the Republicans again had a clear majority the resolution of the Regulars prevented the Union Republicans, as the supporters of Addicks called themselves, from seating their patron.
- Despite this apparent abandonment of their cause by the national organization, the Regulars continued their opposition, the state being wholly without representation in the Senate from the expiration of Senator Kenney's term in 1901 until 1903, when a compromise was effected whereby two Republicans, one of each faction, were chosen, one condition being that Addicks should not be the candidate of the Union Republicans.
- Powell Picks Addicks Striker Teenage Charlton women's team striker Ann-Marie Heatherson has earned a shock call-up to the England squad.
- Charlton also saw influential midfielder chapman limp off in the 19th minute as Husselbee made her senior bow for the Addicks.Advertisement
- With the Addicks ' superior fitness now becoming evident, they continued to press forward.
- Svensson had already come close to scoring, but was denied by the Addicks goalkeeper, who made an impressive one-handed parry.
- Likely line up United will once again start as red-hot favorites, especially with the Addicks squad ravaged by injury.
- Veteran midfielder Jo Broadhurst, playing probably her final game for the Addicks, scored what proved to be the decisive goal.