Adapa sentence example
- The legend of Adapa, the first man, a portion of which was found in the record-office of the Egyptian king Amenophis IV.
- Adapa while fishing had broken the wings of the south wind, and was accordingly summoned before the tribunal of Anu in heaven.
- myths of Adapa and of the Descent of Ishtar.
- 1 Note the food and drink of the gods in the Babylonian Adapa (or Adamu?) myth.
- The three others are the myths of Adapa, 6 Ea-bani and Etana..Advertisement
- As to Adapa, it may be mentioned here that Fossey has shown reason for holding that the true reading of the name is Adamu.
- Certainly Adamu (if it is not more convenient to write "Adapa") was not regarded as the progenitor of the human race, like the Hebrew Adam.
- Adamu or Adapa, we are told, received from his divine father the gift of wisdom,' but not that of everlasting life.
- Certain of the most ancient Babylonian myths, especially that of Adapa, may also be traced back to the shrine of Ea at Eridu.
- The two have been compared in that Adapa was demiurge and Logos; and Seth figures as the Messiah in later Jewish tradition.'Advertisement
- Shamash the sun-god was invested with justice as his chief trait, Marduk is portrayed as full of mercy and kindness, Ea is the protector of mankind who is grieved when, through a deception practised upon Adapa, humanity is deprived of immortality.
- It is too much to say with Hommel that "Adapa is the archetype of the Johannine Logos."
- (see NOAH) correspond to the ten primitive kings of Babylon, Seth, as second, will correspond with the Adapa of the Babylonian inscriptions, the Alaparos or Adaparos of Berosus.