Adamu sentence example
- 1 Note the food and drink of the gods in the Babylonian Adapa (or Adamu?) myth.
- As to Adapa, it may be mentioned here that Fossey has shown reason for holding that the true reading of the name is Adamu.
- More probably, however, this is but an accidental coincidence; both adam and adamu may come from the same Semitic root meaning "to make."
- Certainly Adamu (if it is not more convenient to write "Adapa") was not regarded as the progenitor of the human race, like the Hebrew Adam.
- Adamu or Adapa, we are told, received from his divine father the gift of wisdom,' but not that of everlasting life.Advertisement