Acuna sentence example
- CHRISTOVAL DE ACUNA (1597-c. 1676), Spanish missionary and explorer, was born at Burgos in 1597.
- The journey lasted ten months; and on the explorer's arrival in Peru, Acuna prepared his narrative, while awaiting a ship for Europe.
- After occupying the positions of procurator of the Jesuits at Rome and censor (calificador) of the Inquisition at Madrid, Acuna returned to South America, where he died, probably soon after 1675.
- Christoval de Acuna >>
- There are several old missions near the city, notably the Mission La Purisima Concepcion de Acuna (the "First Mission"), 2 m.Advertisement
- He returned in 1639 with the Jesuit fathers Acuna and Artieda, delegated by the viceroy of Peru to accompany him.