Acuminata sentence example
- The provinces of Santa Fe, Cordoba and Santiago del Estero are only partially wooded; large areas of plains are intermingled with scrubby forests of algarrobo (Prosopis), quebracho-blanco (Aspido-sperma quebracho), tala (Celtis tala, Sellowiana, acuminata), acacias and other genera.
- Among the first wild shrubs and trees that are met with are the chilca (Baccharis Feuillei), with a pretty yellow flower, the Mutisia acuminata, with beautiful red and orange flowers, several species of Senecio, calceolarias, the Schinus molle, with its graceful branches and bunches of red berries, and at higher elevations the lambras (Alnus acuminata), the sauco (Sambucus peruviana), the quenuar (Buddleia incana), and the Polylepis racemosa.
- Most important are the Elaeis guineensis, Sterculia acuminata and the wild coffee tree.
- An investigation by Miss Sollas of a plant long known from Rhaetic rocks in the Severn valley as Naiadita acuminata has shown that this genus is in all probability a small lycopodiaceous plant, and neither a Moss nor a Monocotyledon, as some writers have supposed.
- Genital warts Certain types of HPV affect the genital area, causing a form of sexually transmissible wart (condylomata acuminata ).Advertisement
- The kola (Cola acuminata) and the bitter kola (Garcinia cola), the last having a fruit about the size of an apple, with a flavour like that of green coffee, are common.
- Genital warts Certain types of HPV affect the genital area, causing a form of sexually transmissible wart (condylomata acuminata).
- There is a family likeness among the kinds, the best known being L. acuminata, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 feet high, with slender arching stems, in early summer wreathed with white bell-shaped pretty flowers.
- C. acuminata has more pointed leaves, and it also has spikes of white scented flowers; it is quite a small tree in the woods of the Alleghanies.
- W. acuminata has a variety with purple flowers, and another with yellow flowers.Advertisement
- Genital warts, also called condyloma acuminata or venereal warts, are one of the most common forms of sexually transmitted disease (STD) in this country.
- Human papillomavirus (HPV): HPV causes condylomata acuminata, more commonly known as venereal warts or genital warts.