Actu sentence example
- This part of Hamilton's programme was, indeed, carried out most successfully, for, although Liman von Sanders was aware of the arrival of large bodies of British troops in the islands, he remained entirely ignorant of his rival's real design until this was actu ally in execution.
- In each case the clinker which has just been burned and is fully hot serves to heat the air-supply to the compart ment where combustion is actu ally proceeding; in like manner the raw materials about to be burned are well heated by the waste gases from the compartment in full activity before they them selves are burned.
- Materials actu ally collected from the dam indicate that the mean density did not exceed I.
- When the power of writing has been actualized, we have a parallel to the intellectus in actu - the way of science and demonstration is entered.
- The ACTU's main concern was to defend the civil rights that were guaranteed in state and federal constitutions.Advertisement
- Occam, on the other hand, maintains in the spirit of Hobbes that the act of abstraction does not presuppose any activity of the understanding or will, but is a spontaneous secondary process by which the first act (perception) or the state it leaves behind (habitus derelictus ex primo actu = Hobbes's " decaying sense ") is naturally followed, as soon as two or more similar representations are present.
- or for a game of tennis' " - or sometimes, he adds, by a still more disgraceful bargain (pro actu meretricio, Lib.