Acqua sentence example
- Paul began the famous Villa Borghese; enlarged the Quirinal and Vatican; completed the nave, facade and portico of St Peter's; erected the Borghese Chapel in Sta Maria Maggiore; and restored the aqueduct of Augustus and Trajan ("Acqua Paolina").
- in the restoration of the papal palace and of the foundation of Acqua Vergine, and in the ornamentation of the magnificent fountain of Trevi.
- or repairs to the Quirinal, Lateran and Vatican palaces; the erection of four obelisks, including that in the piazza of St Peter's; the opening of six streets; the restoration of the aqueduct of Severus ("Acqua Felice"); besides numerous roads and bridges, an attempt to drain the Pontine marshes, and the encouragement of agriculture and manufacture.
- See C. Dell' Acqua, Guida illustrata di Pavia (Pavia, 1900), and refs.
- The water of the lake partly supplies the Acqua Paola, a restoration by Paul V.Advertisement
- In its interior, there was ' a neat little drinking fountain, affording copious libations of ' acqua pura ' ' .
- Acqua Di Parma Iris Nobile: This elegant scent stands head and shoulders above the crowd, thanks to a refined blend that includes mandarin, iris petals, orange blossom, vanilla and more.