Acipenser sentence example
- In the Volga below Nizhniy-Novgorod the sturgeon (Acipenser ruthenus), and others of.
- Brandti, and species of the ichthyological fauna Gobius, Clupea and Acipenser; while as illustrating the latter class the Black Sea contains Dreissenia bugensis (allied to D.
- They are followed by the great sturgeon (Acipenser huso), the pike, the bream and the pike perch (Leucioperca sandra).
- stellatus and "wels" (Silures glanis) follow, and finally the sturgeon Acipenser giildenstadtii, so much valued for its caviare.
- The fish principally caught along the southern shore of the Caspian are the sturgeon, sagmahi, dogfish (Acipenser ruihenus and A.Advertisement
- Lampreys, sticklebacks, cattoids, sturgeons - the white sturgeon (Acipenser transmontanus) is commonly known as the "Oregon sturgeon" - trout and salmon are the principal anadromous fish, the salmon and trout being the most important economically.
- Genera: Petromyzon, Raja, Squalus, Chimaera, Lophius, Acipenser, Cyclopterus, Balistes, Ostracion, Tetrodon, Diodon, Centriscus, Syngnathus, Pegasus.