Acilius sentence example
- In 191, however, he was routed at Thermopylae by the Romans under Manius Acilius Glabrio, and obliged to withdraw to Asia.
- The only tomb here was a sarcophagus, of which the broken front bears the letters which show it to have been the epitaph of one of the Acilian family: - Acilio Glabrioni Filio In the vicinity are fragments of the epitaphs of Manius Acilius and Priscilla, of Quintus Acilius and Caia Acilia in Greek, another Greek inscription " Acilius Rufinus mayest thou live in God."
- After careful examination of the nine Acillii, who were consuls, De Rossi concludes that this was the resting-place of that Acilius Glabrio, consul with Trajan, A.D.
- To commemorate her filial affection a temple was dedicated (181 B.C.) by Manius Acilius Glabrio to Pietas in the Forum Holitorium at Rome, on the spot where the young woman had formerly lived.
- Of the Acilii Balbi, one Manius Acilius Balbus was consul in 150 B.C., another in 114.Advertisement
- Manius AcILIUS Glabrio, Roman statesman and general, member of a plebeian family.
- Manius Acilius Glabrio, Roman statesman and general, grandson of the famous jurist P. Mucius Scaevola.
- Acilius Glabrio, was a thoroughly honest man, and his assessors were at least not accessible to bribery.
- His daughter Aemilia was the wife of Manius Acilius Glabrio, and subsequently of Pompey, the triumvir.