Acidyl sentence example
- ACID-AMIDES, chemical compounds which may be considered as derived from ammonia by replacement of its hydrogen with acidyl residues, the substances produced being known as, primary, secondary or tertiary amides, according to the number of hydrogen atoms replaced.
- Acid anhydrides replace the imino-hydrogen atom by acidyl radicals, and boiling with water converts them into phenols.
- It is oxidized to pyridine by heating with concentrated sulphuric acid to 300° C., or with nitrobenzene to 250° C., or with silver acetate to 180° C. Being an imide it readily yields a nitroso derivative, and N-alkyl and acidyl derivatives.
- The dihydro derivatives are most probably those compounds which are formed in the condensation of acidyl derivatives of acetone, with urea, guanidine, &c. Tetrahydropyrimidines are obtained by the action of amidines on trimethylene bromide: Br(CH 2) 3 Br+C 6 H 5 C (:NH) NH 2 = 2HBr+C 4 H 7 N 2 (C 6 H 5) .
- It is oxidized to pyridine by heating with concentrated sulphuric acid to 300Ã‚° C., or with nitrobenzene to 250Ã‚° C., or with silver acetate to 180Ã‚° C. Being an imide it readily yields a nitroso derivative, and N-alkyl and acidyl derivatives.Advertisement