Achkan sentence example
- - Punjabi Mahommedan wearing pagri, with shimla, achkan izar or paejamas.
- Garments for outdoor wear are the anga, or angarkha, the chapkan, the achkan or sherwani; the anga, a coat with full sleeves, is made of any material, white or coloured.
- It is still not uncommon in Delhi, Agra, Lucknow and at native courts, but is being superseded by the achkan (Plate I.
- Both anga and achkan reach to a little below the knee, as also does the chapkan, a relic of Mogul court dress, best known as the shield-like and highly adorned coat worn by government chaprasis (Plate II.
- Whereas the European wears his waistcoat under his coat, the Indian wears his over his anga or chapkan (not over the achkan).Advertisement