Achish sentence example
- Forced to flee by the treachery of the very men whom he had succoured, he lived for a time in constant fear of being captured by Saul, and at length took refuge with Achish king of Gath and established himself in Ziklag.
- the latter name actually appears in place of Achish.
- for Achish, king of Gath.
- By a pure error, or perhaps through a confusion in the traditions, Achish the Philistine (of Gath, I Sam.
- 17, 18), while the founder of the Judaean dynasty has intimate relations with a Philistine king Achish (or Abimelech, Ps.Advertisement
- Among the exceptions must be reckoned Achish (Sept.
- The covenant with Abimelech may be compared with the friendship between David and Achish (1 Sam.
- Barnes, Chron., p. 104), it is surely difficult, on historical grounds, to reconcile David's recurring fights with the Philistines with his subsequent escape from Saul to Achish of Gath (xxvii.; already anticipated in xxi.
- The details of the text are obscure, and seem to imply that David systematically attacked populations friendly to Achish whilst pretending that he had been making forays against Judah.