Achelis sentence example
- Of the Academy's edition one volume was published at Berlin in 1897, containing the Commentaries on Daniel and on the Song of Songs, the treatise on Antichrist, and the Lesser Exegetical and Homiletic Works, edited by Nathanael Bonwetsch and Hans Achelis.
- See Ehrenfeuchter, Geschichte des Katechismus (187); P. Schaff, History of the Creeds of Christendom (3 vols., 1876-1877); Mitchell, Catechisms of the Second Reformation (1887); C. Achelis, Lehrbuch der prakt.
- See Achelis in Herzog-Hauck, Realencyk.
- (2 vols., 1905); Achelis, Abriss der Vergleichenden Religionswissenschaft (Sammlung Goschen); " Die Orientalischen Re- ligionen " (in Die Kultur der Gegenwart), by various authors (1906); Pfleiderer, Religion and Religionen (Berlin, 1906); Eng.
- (ii.) Then follows book vii., the first thirty-one chapters of which are an adaptation of the Didache, whilst the rest contain various liturgical forms of which the origin is still uncertain, though it has been acutely suggested by Achelis, and with great probability, that they originated in the schismatical congregation of Lucian at Antioch.Advertisement
- Funk suggests Apollinarianism, which is the refuge of the destitute; and Achelis inclines in the same direction.