Achan sentence example
- Achan's sacrilege, the cause of the repulse at Ai and of the naming of the valley of Achor (vii.), is introduced by vi.
- cursed thing, this Achan that is in the camp of evangelicalism today.
- The tragic story of the stoning of Achan, who stole some of the spoils of Jericho which Joshua had consecrated to the treasury of Yahweh, is one of the most graphic details of Old Testament history (cf.
- 24 (Achan); Jer.
- Achan, Josh.Advertisement
- Such a votive offering lay under a curse if it were diverted to ordinary purposes, like the spoil of Jericho which Achan appropriated (Josh.
- From the fact that Egyptian (though not Hebrew) scribes constantly prefix the article, we may suppose that it originally meant " the country of the Canaanites," just as the Hebrew phrase " the Lebanon " may originally have meant " the highlands of the Libnites "; and we are thus permitted to group the term " Canaan " with clan-names such as Achan, Akan, Jaakan, Anak (generally with the article prefixed), Kain, Kenan.