Acetosella sentence example
- It is found in the form of its acid potassium salt in many plants, especially in wood-sorrel (Oxalis acetosella) and in varieties of Rumex; as ammonium salt in guano; as calcium salt in rhubarb root, in various lichens and in plant cells; as sodium salt in species of Salicornia and as free acid in varieties of Boletus.
- 3), Oxalis acetosella (wood sorrel) and Lamium amplexicaule are commonly occurring instances.
- 17); when they proceed at right angles, as in Rumex Acetosella, the leaf is hastate or halbertshaped.
- In this connection, it is interesting that in the east of England with the lowest summer rainfall of this country, many common sciophytes are absent or rare in the woods, such, for example, as Melica uniflora, Allium ursinum, Lychnis dioica, OxalsY Acetosella, and Asperula odorata.
- Sheep Sorrel (Rumex acetosella) is a type of weed that grows all over Europe, Asia, and North America.Advertisement