Acesines sentence example
- Porus) between the Hydaspes and Acesines (Chenab), and that of Abhisara (Gr.
- When he continued his progress eastwards across the Acesines, Porus was an active ally.
- Crossing the Hydaspes (Jhelum) he defeated Porus in a great battle, and crossing the Acesines (Chenab) near the foot of the hills and the Hydraotes (Ravi), reached the Hyphasis (Beas).
- CHENAB (the Greek Acesines), one of the "Five rivers" of the Punjab, India.
- The confluence of the Hydaspes and Acesines passed, the Macedonians were once more in a region of hostile tribes with towns to be stormed.Advertisement
- We hear of a Nicaea in the Kabul valley itself (near Jalalabad ?), another Nicaea on the Hydaspes (Jhelum) where Alexander crossed it, with Bucephala (see Bucephalus) opposite, a city (unnamed) on the Acesines (Chenab) (Arr.