Accompli sentence example
- My acquiescence lightened the mood for the remainder of the trip as Betsy and Howie chatted as if future sessions were a faite accompli.
- I just decided it was a fait accompli and we might as well address the situation as best we can.
- The crusaders appealed to Innocent to ratify the subjugation of a schismatic people, and the union of the Eastern and Western Churches; and Innocent, dazzled by the magic of the fait accompli, not unwillingly acquiesced.
- Windthorst took no part in the critical events of 1866; contrary to the opinion of many of his friends, after the annexation of Hanover by Prussia he accepted the fait accompli, took the oath of allegiance, and was elected a member both of the Prussian parliament and of the North German diet.
- This became all the more apparent as his own health failed during 1907; for, though he was obliged to leave much of the leadership in the Commons to Mr Asquith, his possible resignation of the premiership was strongly deprecated; and even after November, when it became clear that his health was not equal to active work, four or five months elapsed before the necessary change became a fait accompli.Advertisement
- From that moment Japanese policy was directed towards establishing her own hegemony and meeting the advance of Russia with a fait accompli.
- Accepting as a fait accompli the existence of the triple alliance, created by Bismarck for the purpose of resisting any aggressive action on the part of Russia and France, he sought to establish more friendly relations with the cabinets of Berlin, Vienna and Rome.
- Although to a certain extent opposed to the despotism of the emperor, he was not in favour of his deposition, though he accepted the fait accompli of the Restoration in April 1814.
- Europe refused to take any direct action against the Mussulman, but Latin feudalism, assembled at Venice, diverted the crusade by an act quest of conof formal disobedience, marched on Constantinople, seized the Greek Empire and founded a Latin Empire in its place; and Innocent had to accept the fait accompli.
- The external rehabilitation of the Church had become, in many points, a fait accompli, but, internally, events had not kept pace with it.Advertisement
- The members of the Romanist league recently founded at Halle would not help the Habsburgs, and in June 1534, by the treaty of Cadan, King Ferdinand was forced to recognize the restoration as afait accompli; at the same time he was compelled to promise that he would stop all proceedings of the Reichskasnmergericht against the members of the league of Schmalkalden.
- During the anxious months that followed the Austrian coup, the efforts of diplomacy were directed to calming the excitement of Servians, Montenegrins and the Young Turks, and to considering a European conference in which the fait accompli should be regularized in accordance with the accepted canons of international law.
- Had he advanced on Ibraila he might have prevented the Turks entering the principalities and so forced Russia to accept the fait accompli.
- You may feel forced to accept a fait accompli - or perhaps will manage to ask for time out to consider implications.
- But the prisoners this side of the water are not to be told until after it has become a fait accompli.Advertisement
- Make the company theirs and loyalty is no longer an issue it 's a fait accompli.
- Fans that enjoy spoilers should always read them with caution and not accept that they are fait accompli until the storyline resolution has actually aired.