Academica sentence example
- Madvig, Opuscula Academica, ii.
- Meier, Opuscula academica, ii.
- panegyricorum veterum," in his Opuscula academica (1812), vi.
- Schafer, 1817), Apollodorus, Bibliotheca Graeca (1803), Homer, Iliad (1802); Opuscula academica (1785-1812), containing more than a hundred academical dissertations, of which the most valuable are those relating to the colonies of Greece and the antiquities of Etruscan art and history.
- To this period belong several famous rhetorical and philosophical works, the Brutus, Orator, Partitiones Oratoriae, Paradoxa, Academica, de Finibus, Tusculan Disputations, together with other works now lost, such as his Laus Catonis, Consolatio and Hortensius.Advertisement
- The Academica, as they have come down to us, are a conflation from the two editions of this work.
- The Academica Posteriora are said by editors to be found only in 15th-century MSS.
- Reid's Academica (London, 1885) and Landgraf's Pro Sext.
- - An excellent account of Cicero as a philosopher is given in the preface to Reid's edition of the Academica.
- Of minor importance are De rebus Tyriorum commentatio academica (1832); Ober den Tag des Herrn (1852); Das Passa, ein Vortrag (1853); and Die Opfer der heiligen Schrift (1859).Advertisement
- He was one of the interlocutors in Cicero's Academica, the second book (first edition) of which was called Lucullus.
- His other works are Lineamenta institutionum fidei Christianae historico-criticarum (1783), Opuscula academica (1802) and two volumes of Predigten.
- Pax, r070; see Gottling, Opuscula Academica (1869).
- At Bauli, Pompey and Hortensius possessed villas, the former on the hills, while that of the latter, on the shores of the Lacus Lucrinus, was remarkable for its tame lampreys and as the scene of the dialogue in the second book of Cicero's Academica Priora; it afterwards became imperial property and was the scene of Agrippina's murder by Nero.