Abusir sentence example
- The principal part of the sun-temple at Abusir built by.
- All shrines of Osiris were called P-usiri, but the principal city of the name was in the centre of the Delta, capital of the 9th (Busirite) nome of Lower Egypt; another one near Memphis (now Abusir) may have helped the formation of the legend in that quarter.
- The burial-place of his priests in later times was in 1904 discovered at Abusir el Meleq.
- One temple of a type different from that above described has survived at Abusir, where it has been excavated by German explorers.
- In the Black Pyramid of Abusir (VIth Dynasty), at least 3000 B.C., Gaston Maspero found some pieces of iron, and in the funeral text of Pepi I.Advertisement