Abulwalid sentence example
- RABBI JONAH (ABULWALID MERWAN IBN JANAII, also R.
- These two tractates, with which `Ilayyuj had laid the foundations of scientific Hebrew grammar, were recognized by Abulwalid as the basis of his own grammatical investigations, and Abraham Ibn Daud, when enumerating the great Spanish Jews in his history, sums up the significance of R.
- Abulwalid's works mark the culminating point of Hebrew scholarship during the middle ages, and he attained a level which was not surpassed till the modern development of philological science in the 19th century.
- Bacher, Leben and Werke des Abulwalid and die Quellen seiner Schrifterkldrung (Leipzig, 1885); id., Aus der Schrifterklarung des Abulwalid (Leipzig, 1889); id., Die hebr.-arabische Sprachvergleichung des Abulwalid (Vienna, 1884); id., Die hebrciisch-neuhebraische and heb,.-aramaische Sprachvergleichung des Abulwalid (Vienna, 1885).
- Jonah (Abulwalid), which was cast in a similar bipartite form; and it was chiefly due to I imhi's grammar and lexicon that, while the contents of Abulwalid's works were common knowledge, they themselves remained in oblivion for centuries.Advertisement